10 January 2007

Do You New Year Resolution?

There are differing opinions on New Year resolutions. Some people don't believe in them, so they don't make them. Others make them in hope that the new year will bring change and betterment, but sadly they falter and fail to keep them. Still more say they will think about making a few resolutions, but in the end never even get that far. Then there are the few, the lucky few, who make resolutions and realize they've kept them when the next year rolls around.

I make New Year resolutions, although some years I've had more success then others in keeping them. Last year was a bust, but 2004 was a banner year and I batted a thousand with my resolutions

This year I have one food resolution, a part from the vague promise I make to myself every year to eat healthier, and that is to bring more lunches to work than I buy at work, at least 3 lunches per week and hopefully more.

I will periodically document my lunches during any given week with pictures under the "Brown Bag Lunch Project". You'll see what I'm eating, although I won't always explain what I'm eating, which is sometimes better since I make my share of food disasters in the kitchen. This way I will hopefully keep one of my resolutions for the year.

Happy 2007!
May it be a better, brighter, and blessed year!


BROWN BAG LUNCH PROJECT, vol. 1, Jan. 1-5.

January 1 was a holiday and my boss bought me lunch one day, hence 3 lunches for the week.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger sue said...

this is a great idea!! can't wait to see your future lunches. and that's a pretty realistic resolution. although, i still think you should explain what you're eating.

my food resolution is to eat more dark chocolate. ;)

1/12/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Blue Plate said...

hi s.

hmmm, your food resolution sounds more fun than mine. eating more chocolate is always a good idea. :)

no worries, i'll explain some of my lunches, but i won't bore you with all, especially if i start eating a lot of turkey sandwiches, which i know will invariably happen at some point.

happy 2007! b p

1/12/2007 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I love your lunches. I've been looking for good lunches to take to work with me. Can't wait to read what you come up with. Love the pics above.

Paz

1/15/2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger jasmine said...

That is a good resolution.

I must admit that I don't do New Year's resolutions, but am rather introspective at my birthday....

Can't wait to see your lunches...

j

1/16/2007 7:23 PM  
Blogger Blue Plate said...

Hi Paz,

Hi Jasmine,

A belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to you both.

Thanks for reading. And stay tune for the lunches....

Blue Plate

1/26/2007 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home