30 December 2006

Christmas First—Yorkshire pudding



I had Yorkshire pudding for the first time this Christmas. It went with a dinner that included an excellent prime rib, creamy mashed potatoes, lush burata cheese with heirloom tomatoes, and a rich lemony panna cotta. I was particular excited to see the Yorkshire pudding puff up in the oven like hot air balloons inflated for flight. I had my doubts the runny egg mixture would obtain such heights, although my friend S., the chef of the fine meal, assured me it would. But seeing is believing and the proof is in the pudding, literally.




The Yorkshire pudding was adapted from several recipes from the Food TV Network website, because it was improvised and altered as S. and I found a couple cracked eggs in the carton and came up one short in the proportion. We also discovered the kitchen didn't have flour, but a quick dash to a Chinese grocery store by S.'s husband, D., saved a the day with that ingredient.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a perfect sounding meal.

I love Yorkshire pudding. I think it might be the ultimate comfort food for me.

1/03/2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger Blue Plate said...

Hi Paz,

Give it a try sometime--it was easier to make than I though it would be.

Happy New Year!
: ) Blue Plate



Hi Julie,

I can see why. Now I'm a fan of Yorkshire pudding, too. : )

Happy New Year!
Blue Plate

1/10/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

ive never had yorkshire pudding. guess ill have to give it a round.

2/02/2007 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home